- DR. ARUN PRASAD, Senior Consultant, Surgical Gastroenterology, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, has been appointed as Editorial Board Member of the Obesity Surgery Society of India’s upcoming ‘Journal of Bariatric Surgery (JBS)’ for five years.DR. ASHISH GANDHI, Gastroenterologists at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune, has been awarded for best presentation on “Safety, efficacy, closure techniques and medium-term results of Endoscopic Full Thickness Resection: A decade long experience from tertiary care center during” during the plenary session at ENDOCON 2021 conducted by Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI) on 3rd and 4th July 2021.
DR. AKSHAT PANDEY, has been conferred with
- “IGHM Custodians of Humanity Award“ on 20th June 2021 for his contribution towards war against COVID-19.
- “Title of Corona Warrior” by Team Vardan, Agra for his valuable contribution in the form of security service / food service/ health service to fight with Corona Global Pandemic
DR. ABHINAV GUPTA, Assistant Professor at Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences has been selected as ‘Member of Regional Advisory Group of South East Asia Region of International Society of Hypertension’.
DR. BAKUL PAREKH, National President IAP-2020,
- Appointed as examiner for DCH (CPS),
- Elected as President of International Pediatric Association Congress, 2023,
- Edited textbooks – Textbook of Neonatology and FAQs in Vaccinology
- Appointed as COVID Task force member by Maharashtra Government
- Written a chapter on “Common Problems in Neonates” for Textbook by FOGSI
- Organized various camps in Maharashtra for training HCWs and Anganwadi workers for managing Children with COVID.
- Feeding and taking care of medical needs of street children at Kolkata with the help of local IAP and NGOs, donated N 95 masks, face shields and sanitizers to Government and municipal hospitals in Mumbai
PROF. DILIP KUMAR MAZUMDAR from Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan and Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences has been conferred with a title of “Emeritus Overseas Regional Adviser of South Asia, India-East Region of India and West Bengal” by Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh in recognition of his service, to the college as in ‘OSRA’ for Kolkata, East India for 2 years.
DR. K. GANAPATHY, Director, Apollo Telemedicine Networking Foundation and Hon Distinguished Professor The
Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University:
Paper publications in indexed peer reviewed journal
- Krishnan Ganapathy, Proceedings of the 16th International Conference of Telemedicine Society of India “published in Telehealth in Medicine today in April 2021
- Ganapathy K. Artificial Intelligence and Healthcare Regulatory and Legal Concerns. Telehealth med. Today 2021
- Ganapathy K. Telegenomics: Relevance in India. Apollo Med 2021
- Ganapathy K. Telemedicine: An Integral Part of Clinical Neurosciences Neurol India 2021
- Ganapathy K, Das S, Reddy S, Thaploo V, Nazneen A, Kosuru A, Shankar Nag U. Digital Health Care in Public Private Partnership Mode. Telemed J E Health. 2021
- Haranath SP, Ganapathy K, Kesavarapu SR, Kuragayala SD. eNeuroIntensive Care in India: The Need of the Hour. Neurol India 2021
Chapter/s contributed to books
· Smart Home Technologies and Services for Geriatric Rehabilitation” under publication proof corrected in Textbook Smart Home Technologies and Services for Geriatric.
· AI in Neurosciences–Are we really there? -Augmenting Neurological Disorder Prediction and Rehabilitation Using Artificial Intelligence
Papers presented at National/International Conferences
· Guest Lecture “The business of Telehealth” in Public Management Innovation Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs Summer Semester 2021
· Global Summit’s “Warm Up” webinar held on June 17th 2021 on “The business of Telehealth”
· Invited Speaker from India and South East Asia on “Examples of PPP and Telemedicine round the world” at the Annual Surgical update of the International College of Surgeons US section, Minneapolis Session held between 24-26 June 2021
· Keynote Address on “Strategies for new models of care: Hybrid care” Thursday, 20th May 2021
· Webinar on “Public-Private Partnerships: The Business of Telehealth” organized by International Association for Peace and Economic Development – USA & Apollo Telemedicine Networking Foundation India held on Thursday, 20th May 2021
· Invited talk on “Telerehabilitation: The Time has Come” organized by Indian Association of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation & Sree Balaji Medical College & Hospital, Chennai co-organized by ATNF & TSI, held on 24th June 2021
· Keynote address on “Technology enabled Remote Health Care” at the PPUE21 | eHealthSummit.pt Portugal held on 1st June 2021
· Keynote Address on “Strategies for new models of care: Hybrid care” held on 20th May 2021
· Invited talk on “Providing Tele-consultations – An Introduction” at the Teleophthalmology Symposium organized by Teleophthalmology Society of India held on 1st May 2021
DR. NIKHIL K. BHAYANI, Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine at Texas Christian University/University of North Texas Health Sciences School of Medicine; was selected as “Top Physician of the Year” by the International Association of Top Professionals (IAOTP) for his outstanding leadership and commitment to the healthcare industry.
DR. OM GANDA, Senior Physician and Medical Director, Lipid Clinic, Joslin Diabetes Center and Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, member of the Executive Committee of GAPIO; gave an invited commentary on ADA – 81st Annual Scientific conference presentations – a live video- conference for approximately 3000 physicians in India on June 26, 2021
DR. RAJENDRA PRASAD, Senior. Consultant Neurosurgeon & Spine Surgeon, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, Elected as Board Member of International Pediatric Brain Injury Society (IPBIS) in May 2021.
Organized the first online course on Telehealth entitled – “The Application of Telehealth to the Provision of Occupational Therapy &Physical Therapy Services” and to the Provision of Occupational Therapy & Physical Therapy Services” for physiotherapist and Occupational therapist with faculty from Department of Occupational Therapy, Boston University, USA in June 2021.
DR. (PROF.) RAJU VAISHYA, Sr. Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Vaishya R, Sibal A, Shivakumar P. Severe impact of COVID-19 pandemic on non-COVID patient care and health delivery: An observational study from a large multispecialty hospital of India. Indian J Med Sc 2021; doi:10.25259/IJMS_211_2021
- Jena AN, Taneja S, Rana P, Goyal N, Botchu R, Vaishya R. Emerging Role of Integrated PET-MRI in Osteoarthritis. Skeletal Radiol 2021; DOI:10.1007/s00256-021-03847-z
- Srinivas KBS, Vaishya R. Mechanism of injury in Ramp lesions. Am J Sports Med. 2021; DOI: 10.1177/03635465211025261
- Vaishya R, Kumar S, Vaish A, Babu YSS. How good are the guidelines for the non-operative management of Knee Osteoarthritis? Arch Bone Joint Surg 2021; DOI: 10.22038/ABJS.2020.51112.2535
- Kar S, Chawla R, Haranath SP, Ramasubban S, Ramakrishanan N, Vaishya R, Sibal A, Reddy S. Development and Validation of a multivariable prediction model using Machine Learning to predict the outcome of admitted COVID-19 patients. Scientific Reports – Nature June 2021; 11: 12801: 01-10. doi:10.1038/s41598-021-92146-7
- Vishwanathan K, Srinivas KBS, Vaishya R. Top 100 cited articles on Diabetes and Covid-19: A Bibliometric analysis. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews June 2021; doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2021.05.033
- Iyengar KP, Jain R, Samy DA, Jain VK, Vaishya R, Suraliwala K. Exploring the role and mechanism of COVID-19 apps in fighting the current pandemic. Indian J Med Sc 2021; 73 (1): 36-40. doi: 10.25259/IJMS_209_2020
- Patralekh MK, Vaish A, Vaishya R, Gulia A, Lal H. Trends of publication in the Orthopaedic Journals from India.- A Bibliometric study. Indian J Med Sc 2021; 73 (1): 134-140. doi: 10.25259/IJMS_39_2021
- Monga P, Vaishya R. The Changing Landscape of Rotator Cuff Surgery. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 19: 94-95. doi:10.1016/j.jcot.2021.05.024
- Srinivas KBS, Vasudeva N, Vaishya R, Patralekh MK. Top 50 Cited Articles on Covid-19 after the first year of the Pandemic: A bibliometric Analysis. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2021; 15:102140. doi:10.1016/j.dsx.2021.05.013
- Bagaria V, Vaishya R. Understanding the COVID Conundrum and Decluttering the scientific literature on COVID. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2021; 15: 102137. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2021.05.010
- Jain VK, Iyengar KP, Vaishya R. Differences between First wave and Second wave of COVID-19 in India. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.
- Iyengar KP, Jain VK, Garg R, Vaishya R. Elucidating reasons of COVID-19 re-infection and its management strategies. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2021; 15(3): 1001-06. Doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2021.05.008
- Kumar V, Baburaj V, Pate S, Sharma S, Vaishya R. Does the use of intraoperative CT scan improve outcomes in Orthopaedic surgery? A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 18: 216-23. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.04.030
- Bhoi D, Jain D, Garg R, Iyengar KP, Hoda W, Vaishya R, Jain VK. Complementary and Alternative Modalities (CAM) for pain management in musculoskeletal diseases (MSDs). J Clin Orthop Trauma July 2021: 171-180. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.04.021
- Iyengar KP, Jain VK, Vaishya R, Ish P. Long COVID-19: An emerging pandemic in itself. Advances in Respiratory Medicine 2021: 89 (2): 1-3. DOI:10.5603/ARM.a2021.0040
- Iyengar KP, Singh B, Vaishya R, Jain VK, Ish P. Should COVID-19 vaccination be made Mandatory? Lung India 2021; 10.4103/lungindia.lungindia_
- Vaishya R, Mittal P, Vaish A, Khosa R. Pubic Osteolysis in an elderly masquerading as malignancy: A case report and review of literature. J Orthop Case Reports 2021; 11 (4): 18-22. doi:10.13107/jocr.2021.v11.
- Vaishya R. The havoc caused by the 2nd wave of COVID-19 in India. Apollo Med 2021;18:71-72.
- Babu S, Vaishya R, Butta H, Sardana R, Mehndiratta L, Gulati Y, et al. A retrospective analysis of the prosthetic joint infections of the hip and knee at a tertiary care center of India. Apollo Med 2021;18:85-92.
- Vaish A, Ansari AH, Gupta AK, Vaishya R. Migration of a broken Kirschner-wire to the popliteal fossa following Tension-Band Wiring of a Patellar fracture: A Case Report. Apollo Medicine 2021; 18:138-41 10.4103/am.am_12_21
- Javaid M, Khan IH, Vaishya R, Singh RP, Vaish A. Data analytics applications for COVID-19 pandemic. Curr Med Reviews and Practices 2021; 11 (2): 105-106.
Chapters Contributed to books:
- Telemedicine, Teaching, and Virtual examination during COVID times. In COVID-19, Salubris Medical Publishers. Noida, India. Edited by MS Kanwar, May 2021; Chapter 47; pp. 342-347.
· The Role of Artificial Intelligence in healthcare during Coronavirus Disease. In COVID-19. Salubris Medical Publishers. Noida, India. Edited by MS Kanwar, May 2021; Chapter 48; pp. 348-352.
· Gautam V., Vaish A., Vaishya R. Principles of Bone Grafting. In: Banerjee A., Biberthaler P., Shanmugasundaram S. (eds) Handbook of Orthopaedic Trauma Implantology. Springer, Singapore. June 2021; https://doi.org/10.1007/978-
Awards and Honors:
· Appointed as the Research Advisor to the Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
· Editor-in-Chief, Apollo Medicine
· Appointed as Distinguished Clinical Tutor of Apollo Hospitals for Educational and Research Foundation (AHERF)
· Academic Advisor for Orthopaedics, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals (2021-2023)
DR. N. RAMAKRISHNAN, Director, Critical Care Services, Senior Consultant in Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai published the follows papers:
- Chronic Critical Illness: Are We Just Adding Years to Life? published in Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine (May2021)
- Standard Care Versus Awake Prone Position in Adult Non intubated Patients with Acute Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure Secondary to COVID-19 Infection—A Multicenter Feasibility Randomized Controlled Trial published in Journal of Intensive Care Medicine (May2021)
- Melioidosis in Critical Care: A Review published in Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine (May2021)
- Multivariable mortality risk prediction using machine learning for COVID-19 patients at admission (AICOVID) published in Nature – Scientific Reports (June 2021)
- Impact of COVID-19 on non-COVID intensive care unit service utilization, case mix and outcomes: A registry-based analysis from India published in Wellcome Open Research (Jun2021)
DR. RAVINRDRA VORA, Paediatric Surgeon & PG Teacher, published a paper:
Ravindra M Vora, Meryl J Alappattu, Apoorva D Zarkar, Mayur S Soni, Santosh J Karmarkar, Aśok C Antony’ Potential for elimination of folate and vitamin B12 deficiency in India using vitamin-fortified tea; a preliminary study published in BMJ Nutrition, Prevention & Health.
DR. SHAILJA CHATURVEDI, Consultant Psychiatrist, past President of the Australian Indian Medical Graduate Association (AIMGA) and Honorary Advisor and former Member of Executive Committee of GAPIO:
- Second book ‘Reflections of a Psychiatrist’ was launched in June 2021
- Elected for governing council of Australian Psychiatrist of Indian Origin in June 2021.
DR. SUMIT SAXENA, Consultant Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon at Jehangir Hospital, Pune performed a unique surgery – “Successful re-implantation of both amputated hands” in an extremely incidence.
DR. ULHAS JAYANT VASAVE, Founder Member of Aashray-Durg Organization done the following community service projects during COVID times:
- Support for Education, Talasari Dist. Palghar, Maharashtra 2017 – 2021
- Oxygen Concentrator Bank 2021
- Awareness About COVID Vaccine among Tribal Community 2021
- Free Medications for COVID Sufferers 2021
- Free Food Service for COVID Patients and Their Relatives 2021
DR. VIJAY MALSHIKARE, Hand and Wrist surgeon at Pune published the following paper:
Vijay A Malshikare, Delayed Graft Reposition on Flap (GRF) in Six Week Old Allen Type 4 Amputation: Case Report, published in J Hand Surg Asian Pac Vol.2021