DR. MANJULA OCONNOR, Psychiatrist from Beaumaris, Australia has been
· Conferred with title of “Adjunct Professor University of New South Wales (UNSW) School of Social Sciences” in July 2021.
· Reappointed as “Chair – Family Violence Psychiatry Network” at the Royal Australian New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.
DR. N. RAMAKRISHNAN, Director, Critical Care Services, Senior Consultant in Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai published the follows papers:
· Dr. Bharath Kumar Tirupakuzhi Vijayaraghavan, Dr. Nagarajan, Ramakrishnan; COVID-19 symptoms at hospital admission vary with age and sex: results from the ISARIC prospective multinational observational study; ISARIC Clinical Characterisation Group, Research article, Infection, July 2021
· Dr. Devachandran Jayakumar, Dr. Pavan Kumar Vecham, Dr. Bharath Kumar Tirupakuzhi Vijayaraghavan Dr. Nagarajan Ramakrishnan; ISARIC Clinical Data Report Clinical Data report, BMJ Yale medRxiv, Jul 2021
· Dr. Bharath Kumar Tirupakuzhi Vijayaraghavan, Dr. N. Ramakrishnan, Dr. Ajay Padmanabhan; Higher vs lower doses of dexamethasone in patients with COVID-19 and severe hypoxia (COVID STEROID 2) trial: Protocol and statistical analysis plan Research article Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica, July 2021
Chapters in Books
· Chapters on “Cardiovascular coupling – Relevance in critical care” and “Patient self-inflicted lung injury” published in book “Critical care update 2021” by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (p) Ltd. New Delhi, India in July 2021
· Invited examinership: Indian Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine, Conducted by Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine on 3rd July 2021
· Dr. Ramakrishnan conducted a meeting as a National Co-ordinator “Practical aspects of ECMO” on 8 July 2021.
DR. RAJEEV GOEL, General Surgeon at Shri Tirupati Hospital, Ghaziabad-India has been elected as “Hony Secretary of IMA UP STATE” for the year 2021-23.
DR. (PROF.) RAJU VAISHYA, Sr. Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
· Dr. Raju Vaishya has been appointed as an International Faculty & Visiting Professor in Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy, at Chitwan Medical College, Nepal.
· Vaishya R, Sibal A, Singh SK et al. ChAdOx1 n-COV 19 Vaccine protected against severe infection caused by the Variants. Mayo Clinic Proceedings August 2021; doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2021.07.016.
· Vaish A, Sharma D, Vaishya R. Pre-print: already the bride or still the bridesmaid? Postgrad Med J 19th August 2021; doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2021-140852
· Vaish A, Vaishya R. Predatory Journals – Alarming danger to the Society. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 21:101507. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.101507
· Saad A, Iyengar KP, Vaishya R, Botchu R. The Incidence and Management of Isolated Greater Trochanteric Fractures – A Systematic Review of 166 cases. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 21;101537. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.101537
· Vaishya R, Sibal A, Arpita M, Hariprasad K. SARS-CoV-2 infections after COVID-19 immunization in Health care workers– A retrospective, case cohort study. Indian J Med Res 2021; doi: 10.4103/ijmr.ijmr_1485_21
· Srinivas KBS, Vishwanathan K, Patralekh MK, Vaishya R. Data for Orthopaedic Surgeons. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 21:101505. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.101505
· Vaishya R, Sibal A, Sharma H, Singh SK. Lack of vaccination and associated comorbidities predispose to the need for intensive care in individuals infected with the Delta variant – A case cohort study from a Tertiary Care Hospital in New Delhi, India. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2021; 15: 102203. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2021.102203
· Mlcochova P, Kemp S, Dhar MS, Vaishya R et al. SARS-CoV-2 B.1.617.2 Delta variant emergence and vaccine breakthrough. Research Square. 2021; DOI: https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-637724/v1
· Iyengar KP, Jain VK, Ish P, Vaishya R. Impact of second wave of COVID-19 on health care workers in India. Apollo Med 2021; 18: S12-16.
· Vaishya R. Prathap Chandra Reddy: The Visionary who Transformed Private Healthcare in India. Indian J Med Sc 2021; doi: 10.25259/IJMS_403_2021
· Vaish A, Vaishya R. Multiple infarcts around the knee in a middle-aged female. Apollo Medicine 2021;10.4103/am.am_53_21
· Prosthetic Joint Infections- A clinician’s perspective. HISICON 2021. 31st July 2021
· Joint preservation and Arthroplasty techniques. Webinar on Orthopedic Innovations in India. Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies (TRCFS). 28th July 2021