DR. ARUN PRASAD, Senior Consultant Surgical Gastroenterology, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery, Academic Advisor & Clinical Tutor, Department of Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, President of Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI), 2018-20 and President of International MGB-OAGB Club for Bariatric Surgery; has received the Certificate of Recognition for his remarkable and worthy oral presentation on “OSSI Recommendation for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Practice During the COVID-19 Pandemic at 3rd Edition of Global Webinar on Endocrinology and Diabetes on 20-21 July 2021.
DR. ARNAB NANDY, Pediatrician from Kolkata, has published the following articles:
· Acute Onset Flaccid Paralysis as Presentation of Combined Central and Peripheral Demyelination in a Child: A Case Report published in Asian Journal of Pediatric Research; June 12, 2021, https://www.journalajpr.com/
· Newborn joint mechanics published in Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine; August 10, 2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.
DR ARUN SHAH, Senior Pediatrician from Muzaffarpur-India, has organized various camps and awareness campaign for 3rd wave of COVID-19 organized during the month of July 2021 in and around the vicinity of Muzaffarpur:
· 01-7-21: An aggressive awareness campaign for COVID vaccine and corona appropriate behaviour has been launched by Dr ARUN SHAH FOUNDATION with an aim to vaccinate maximum number of eligible people in rural area where there is lot of confusion regarding safety and efficacy of vaccine
· 05-07-2021 – Free Medical Camp and Awareness campaign by Dr. Arun Shah Foundation
· 16-7-21 – Awareness campaign regarding COVID-19 Vaccine and distribution of free masks and soaps
· 19-7-21: Dr Arun shah foundation is reaching people in far flung villages for awareness in prevention of impending 3rd wave of COVID19 PANDEMIC and distributing food packet almost on daily basis to poorest of poor in flood affected region.
PROF. BK KISHORE, Academician, Innovator and Entrepreneur of Salt Lake City, Utah:
· Received an Outstanding Editor Award in Physiology Journal, Pens Pandemic Gitanjali
· Prof. Kishore has Develops Promising Treatment for Obesity, Signs Exclusive Patent License- a freshly patented purinergic signaling technology. The technology enables a new way to deliver drugs that act on the P2Y2 purinergic receptor, a G protein-coupled receptor, which can treat lithium-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, as well as diet-induced obesity, the most common cause of obesity worldwide.
DR. KANDAMARAN KRISHNAMURTHY, Consultant Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Barbados and Senior Associate Lecturer in Pediatrics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Cave Hill Campus, The University of the West Indies, St. Michael, Barbados, Consultant Pediatrician at ARS Medicae ,6th Avenue, Belleville St Michael Barbados; has been honored with “Fellow of American college of Critical care Medicine (FCCM)” by society of Critical care medicine.
DR. MANJULA OCONNOR, Psychiatrist from Beaumaris, Australia has been
· Conferred with title of “Adjunct Professor University of New South Wales (UNSW) School of Social Sciences” in July 2021.
· Reappointed as “Chair – Family Violence Psychiatry Network” at the Royal Australian New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.
DR. N. RAMAKRISHNAN, Director, Critical Care Services, Senior Consultant in Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai published the follows papers:
· Dr. Bharath Kumar Tirupakuzhi Vijayaraghavan, Dr. Nagarajan, Ramakrishnan; COVID-19 symptoms at hospital admission vary with age and sex: results from the ISARIC prospective multinational observational study; ISARIC Clinical Characterisation Group, Research article, Infection, July 2021
· Dr. Devachandran Jayakumar, Dr. Pavan Kumar Vecham, Dr. Bharath Kumar Tirupakuzhi Vijayaraghavan Dr. Nagarajan Ramakrishnan; ISARIC Clinical Data Report Clinical Data report, BMJ Yale medRxiv, Jul 2021
· Dr. Bharath Kumar Tirupakuzhi Vijayaraghavan, Dr. N. Ramakrishnan, Dr. Ajay Padmanabhan; Higher vs lower doses of dexamethasone in patients with COVID-19 and severe hypoxia (COVID STEROID 2) trial: Protocol and statistical analysis plan Research article Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica, July 2021
Chapters in Books
· Chapters on “Cardiovascular coupling – Relevance in critical care” and “Patient self-inflicted lung injury” published in book “Critical care update 2021” by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (p) Ltd. New Delhi, India in July 2021
· Invited examinership: Indian Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine, Conducted by Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine on 3rd July 2021
· Dr. Ramakrishnan conducted a meeting as a National Co-ordinator “Practical aspects of ECMO” on 8 July 2021.
DR. RAJEEV GOEL, General Surgeon at Shri Tirupati Hospital, Ghaziabad-India has been elected as “Hony Secretary of IMA UP STATE” for the year 2021-23.
DR. (PROF.) RAJU VAISHYA, Sr. Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
· Dr. Raju Vaishya has been appointed as an International Faculty & Visiting Professor in Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy, at Chitwan Medical College, Nepal.
· Vaishya R, Sibal A, Singh SK et al. ChAdOx1 n-COV 19 Vaccine protected against severe infection caused by the Variants. Mayo Clinic Proceedings August 2021; doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2021.07.016.
· Vaish A, Sharma D, Vaishya R. Pre-print: already the bride or still the bridesmaid? Postgrad Med J 19th August 2021; doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2021-
· Vaish A, Vaishya R. Predatory Journals – Alarming danger to the Society. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 21:101507. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.101507
· Saad A, Iyengar KP, Vaishya R, Botchu R. The Incidence and Management of Isolated Greater Trochanteric Fractures – A Systematic Review of 166 cases. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 21;101537. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.101537
· Vaishya R, Sibal A, Arpita M, Hariprasad K. SARS-CoV-2 infections after COVID-19 immunization in Health care workers– A retrospective, case cohort study. Indian J Med Res 2021; doi: 10.4103/ijmr.ijmr_1485_21
· Srinivas KBS, Vishwanathan K, Patralekh MK, Vaishya R. Data for Orthopaedic Surgeons. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021; 21:101505. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2021.101505
· Vaishya R, Sibal A, Sharma H, Singh SK. Lack of vaccination and associated comorbidities predispose to the need for intensive care in individuals infected with the Delta variant – A case cohort study from a Tertiary Care Hospital in New Delhi, India. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2021; 15: 102203. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.
· Mlcochova P, Kemp S, Dhar MS, Vaishya R et al. SARS-CoV-2 B.1.617.2 Delta variant emergence and vaccine breakthrough. Research Square. 2021; DOI: https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.
· Iyengar KP, Jain VK, Ish P, Vaishya R. Impact of second wave of COVID-19 on health care workers in India. Apollo Med 2021; 18: S12-16.
· Vaishya R. Prathap Chandra Reddy: The Visionary who Transformed Private Healthcare in India. Indian J Med Sc 2021; doi: 10.25259/IJMS_403_2021
· Vaish A, Vaishya R. Multiple infarcts around the knee in a middle-aged female. Apollo Medicine 2021;10.4103/am.am_53_21
· Prosthetic Joint Infections- A clinician’s perspective. HISICON 2021. 31st July 2021
· Joint preservation and Arthroplasty techniques. Webinar on Orthopedic Innovations in India. Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies (TRCFS). 28th July 2021