Dr Ashok Sharma, Consultant, Internal Medicine at New Delhi received “Diabetes India Awareness Initiative award” for the “best contribution in Diabetes care in challenging situations” at International Diabetes India conference at Indore on 14 April 2023.
Dr Ashok Sharma has presented a poster on “Current Practice Towards the Use of Anti-hypertensive Agents in the Management of Hypertension: A Cross-Sectional Study Among Indian Physicians”
Dr Achuthan Sajayan, consultant anaesthetist at University Hospitals, Birmingham, has been invited as a speaker at Airway Leads Day 2023, Royal College of Anaesthetists, March 2023.
Dr Ajay Bedi, consultant anaesthetist and Director of East Delhi Medical Centre, has taken over as ‘Secretary of Delhi Medical Association’ on 28th April, 2023 for the year 2023-24.
Dr Astha Tomar, chair of the RANZCP Victorian Branch, and Head of Youth Mental Health at Peninsula Health, Melbourne, Australia has been elected as the RANZCP’s (Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists) next President-Elect and will commence her term after the Annual General Meeting on 31 May 2023. She will then assume the role of President in 2025 for a tenure of two years.
Dr Tomar is the first Indian women to be the President of any psychiatric specialist college in the world, outside of India.
Dr Gyanshankar Mishra, Associate Professor, Respiratory Medicine, Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur, published the following research article in The Indian Journal of Tuberculosis in April 2023. This research was conducted in collaboration with leading international researchers in the field of TB from the University of Sydney, making it an international effort.
Publication: Mishra G, Alffenaar J-W, Munje R, Khateeb S. Adverse drug reactions due to linezolid in the programmatic management of drug-resistant tuberculosis in India: A retrospective multicenter study. Indian J Tuberc [Internet] 2023 [cited 2023 Apr 22]; Available from: https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S001957072300063X
Dr Kandamaran Krishnamurthy, Consultant Pediatric- Intensive Care Unit from Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Barbados has received the “Hind Rattan Award 2023” on 25th January 2023 by NRI Welfare Society of India during 42nd International Convention of Non-Resident Indians held at New Delhi.
Dr Keerti Singh, lecturer in the Faculty of Medical Sciences, Cave Hill campus, Barbados, University of the West Indies, has been elected as an honorary GAPIO fellow by the GAPIO Jury with effect from April 2023.
- On April 8th, Dr Keerti has attended the certificate of training “Scientific Writing and Publishing: Module 1 and Scored 90% marks in the qualifying exam organized by Global Andrology Forum (GAF), American Centre for Reproductive Research, Ohio USA. First module of lecture series concentrating on the art of writing scientific articles. Delivered by a team of highly renowned and decorated faculty.
- Dr Keerti has been nominated by HoD as Preclinical and Health Sciences liaison officer to Deputy Dean Recruitment and Outreach for planning of events, identifying key external stakeholders and tasks identification for execution of the FMS Outreach week activities (25th April – 28th April 2023).
- On April 26th, Dr Keerti appeared on the CBC TV 8 Mornin’ Barbados segment represented the Faculty of Medical Sciences, UWI Cave Hill the Preclinical MBBS program along with representatives for the Bachelors in Health Sciences and Human Nutrition and Dietetics programme, 7:15 – 7: 30 am AST.
- On April 26th, Dr Keerti conducted an online informative and interactive Anatomy Taster Session with the Secondary school students giving a brief overview regarding Anatomy teaching and other teaching and learning resources and Lab facilities available to students at the Preclinical years of MBBS training at the Faculty of Medical Sciences at UWI Cavehill, Barbados. 3:00 -4:00 pm AST.
- Dr Keerti has contributed the Book chapter: (i) Singh K, S Sarkar, U. Gaur, S. Gupta, OP Adams, B Sa, MAA Majumder. Smartphones and Educational Apps UseAmong Medical Students of a Smart University Campus. Haque M, Razzaque, M.S, Majumder M. A. A eds (2023). Trends and challenges of medical education in the changing academic and public health environment of the 21st century. Lausanne: Frontiers Media SA. ISSN 1664-8714 (pp 146 -154). doi: 10.3389/978-2-83252-124-3
- Dr Keerti has appeared on the Optimist internationals April 2023 newsletter featuring theOptimist Club of Barbados North (OCBN) Youth Appreciation week activities and Launch of Childhood Cancer Campaign project on March 10th 15 students were awarded for their achievements in academic, sports and co-curricular activities, at the Lester Von School, St Thomas, Barbados, 9-10. Am ECT. https://www.optimist.org/member/global.cfm.
Dr Meenakshi N, Consultant, Family Medicine at Noida is now a “Tobacco Cessation Specialist” Certified by Gujarat University and an honorary GAPIO Fellow with effect from April 2023.
Dr O. P. Sharma, Sr. Consultant, Geriatric Medicine at New Delhi, has chaired a session of a group of experts from Australia, Korea, Taiwan, Hongkong, Singapore & Asia on Nutraceuticals at Singapore.
Dr Raju Vaishya, Senior Consultant, Orthopedic Surgeon at New Delhi, has published the following article:
- Annapareddy A, Mulpur P, Jayakumar T, Kikkuri RR, Masilamani ABS, Ratnakar V, Vaishya R, Reddy AVG. Patella non-resurfacing in primary total knee arthroplasty provides good functional results– A retrospective review of nine thousand three hundred forty-six knees. International Orthopaedics (SICOT) 2023; Doi: 10.1007/s00264-023-05819-59346.
- Vaishya R, Gupta BM, Kappi M, Vaish A. Fracture Research from India between 1989 to 2022: A Scientometric Study. Iberoamerican Journal of Science Measurement and Communication 2023; 3(1). Doi: 10.47909/ijmsc.35
Dr. Raju Vaishya has also presented a paper on Why Research and Publish? CME on Research Methodology. Trichy Orthopaedic Society. Tiruchirappali. 23rd April 2023.
Dr V K Raju, Ophthalmologist and president and founder, Eye Foundation of America, USA, has conducted a Vision Screening Camp in Guatemala by invitation of the Indian Ambassador to Guatemala Mr. Manoj Mohapatra.
Dr Raju with the team, conducted over 400 eye examinations across four locations in Guatemala. During these examinations, around 40 cases of cataracts were identified, and surgery to remove them is scheduled for October 2023.
Dr Vemuri S Murthy, Adjunct Faculty, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicin, Chicago, Illinois, USA, has been appointed as the Advisor to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Odisha.