Dr. Anju Aggarwal, Family Physician in Sydney, Australia, has been awarded a highly prestigious “National GP of the Year 2022” for this year during RACGP Annual convocation function held in Melbourne on 27 November 2022. This is a highly prestigious National award presented to the medical practitioner who has demonstrated Excellence in Primary Health Care Provision, Outstanding commitment to General Practice Profession and Significant involvement in Training and Continuing Professional development.
Dr. Arun Prasad, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Bariatric and Robotic Surgeon, New Delhi, has published a chapter on ‘Robotic Bariatric Surgery’ in a book on ‘Minimal Access Surgery’.
Dr Prasad has also been conferred with Fellowship in Robotic Surgery by ARIS affiliated with Sri Ramachandra Deemed University Chennai.
Invited to Narayana Health, Kolkata to mentor surgeons in “Advanced technology in Cancer Care”.
Co-author in an international publication “Best practice approach for redo-surgeries after sleeve gastrectomy, an expert’s modified Delphi consensus”
Dr Prasad has published an article “Complete cure of Diabetes and Blood Pressure after Robotic Bariatric Surgery” in Indian Express, a nationally renowned newspaper.
Dr. Avula Laxmaiah, National Secretary, NSI Scientist and Head of Division of Public Health Nutrition at ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition has got selected as Fellow of National Academy of Sciences India in the year 2022 during the Award function on 4-5 December 2022 at Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
Dr Bellamkonda Kishore, Academician, Innovator & Entrepreneur has been inducted into the National Academy of Inventors (NAI), Washington DC.
Two U of U Health professors named 2023 National Academy of Inventors Senior Members – PIVOT Center
Dr. Kandamaran Krishnamurthy, Consultant Pediatric- Intensive Care Unit from Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Barbados has published a case report on Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome: A Rare Genetic Defect in “EC pediatrics”.
Dr. Keerti Singh, lecturer in the Faculty of Medical Sciences, Cave Hill campus, Barbados, University of the West Indies, has participated as a panelist in an online webinar on “Debates in Andrology: First Edition” organized by the Mexican Academy of Embryology and Andrology in Collaboration with the Global Andrology Forum, 8:00 am AST.
Dr. Keerti has also spearheaded in organizing an Inter Caribbean Immunity boosting and Respiratory Health Yoga session on World AIDS Day, 7-8pm AST as Optimist International Caribbean District (OICD) Co-chair of the Childhood Health and Response Mission (CHaRM) committee, a part of the OICD Governor’s Flagship project in Collaboration with the Isha Foundation USA.
Dr. Raju Vaishya, Senior Consultant, Orthopedic Surgeon at New Delhi, has published the following articles:
- Filardi V, Risitano G, Vaishya R. Numerical investigation of patellar instability during knee flexion due to quadriceps and medial retinaculum unbalancing. J Orthop 2022; doi:10.1016/j.jor.2022.12.009
- Migliorini F, Maffulli N, Vaishya R. Patellofemoral instability: Current status and Future perspectives. J Orthop 2022; doi: 10.1016/j.jor.2022.12.010
- Bosco F, Giustra F, Crivellaro M, Via RG, Dario A, Marcello L, Capella M, Sabatini L, Risitano S, Rovere G, Massè A, Vaishya R. Is anterior cruciate ligament augmentation the better treatment in partial anterior cruciate ligament tears? A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Orthop 2022; doi:10.1016/j.jor.2022.11.018
- Yakkanti RR, Haziza S, Wasserman NA, Annapareddy A, Ratnakar V, Karri SR, Hernandez VH, Gurava Reddy AV, Vaishya R. Relative frequency of Avascular Necrosis of the Hip as an indication for primary Total Hip Arthroplasty is significantly different in the USA vs. India. J Orthop 2023; 36:1-6. doi:10.1016/j.jor.2022.12.002
- Vaishya R, Gopinathan P, The first year of Journal of Orthopaedic Reports
(JOREP), Journal of Orthopaedic Reports Jan 2023; 100135. doi: 10.1016/j.jorep.2023.100135.
- Vaish A, Vaishya R, Gupta BM, Kappi M, Kohli S. High-Cited Publications from Indian Orthopaedic Research in the last two decade. Apollo Med 2023; doi:4103/am.am_162_22
- Vaishya R, Gopinathan P. Journal of Orthopaedics in 2022. J Orthop 2023; 35:155-159. Doi:10.1016/j.jor.2023.01.004
- Jena A, Goyal N, Rana P, Taneja S, Vaish A, Botchu R, Vaishya R. Qualitative & Quantitative Evaluation of Morpho-Metabolic changes in Bone Cartilage Complex of Knee Joint in Osteoarthritis using Simultaneous 18F-NaF. Ind J Radiol Imaging Jan 2023; doi:1055/s-0042-1760285.
- Jeyaraman M, Jain VK, Vaishya R. Bone graft tuberculosis outbreak in USA: Is it a concern in India? J Clin OrthopTrauma 24th Feb 2023; 102145. doi:1016/j.jcot.2023.102145
Dr Ramesh Mehta, OBE, Founder of BAPIO and Past President of GAPIO has been awarded a CBE in the New Year’s King’s Honours list, for services to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
Dr Rayapu Ramesh Babu, Blood Donors Organization for Social Service, Tirupati has been elected as DEAN, Indian Medical Association College of General Practitioners , New Delhi, during NATCON 2022 held at Prayagraj, UP.
Dr Rayapu has been conferred with Dr Prathap C Reddy Philanthropy Award during GAPIO award ceremony held on 11th February 2023 during the XIII annual conference of GAPIO held at The Leela, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Prof Dhavendra Kumar, Clinical Genetics and Genomic Medicine, Spire Cardiff Hospital, UK, has been conferred with GAPIO Lifetime Achievement Award during GAPIO award ceremony held on 11th February 2023 during the XIII annual conference of GAPIO held at The Leela, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Dr Vemuri Murthy, adjunct faculty affiliated with the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, the founder of project Bystander CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) with AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Training Project at the Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar which is being launched by Hon’ble Mr. Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha. It is the first State-instituted ” Community Lifesaver Bystander CPR ” project in India.