Dr. Arun Prasad, President of Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI), 2018-20 and President of International MGB-OAGB Club for Bariatric Surgery has received a certificate of appreciation for his valuable contribution as Learned Speaker for the topic “Current Concepts in Obesity Management” at the Environmental and Occupational Health DigiConnect Webinar held on 4th March 2022.
Dr. Arun Prasad has also been invited as an “Organising Committee Member” for the prestigious “20th World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery (WCES 2024), International Federation of Societies of Endoscopic Surgeons (IFSES), and the 22nd Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-surgeons (IAGES)” WCES- IAGES 2024, to be hosted at Kolkata, India.
Dr. Ashish Aneja, Internal Medicine consultant from Kurukshetra, India, has organized Free health check-up camp in association with GAPIO and Max Hospital, Mohali at University Health Centre on 10th March 2022. The facilities provided during the camp are free tests like BMD, Sugar, BP, Spirometry, Free consultation with Orthopaedician and Dietician from Max Hospital.
Dr. Loknath Shandilya, President, Global Health and Education (GHE), has join hands with Jan Aushadhi Kendra (which is PM Modi’s Scheme to provide low cost medicines to poor people) in Sawaimadhopur, Rajasthan. GHE is providing free sanitary pads to middle and high school girls in Sawaimadhopur area and also planning to provide free medicines through this program to those who cannot afford to pay even the bare minimum cost. GHE will pay for their medicines.
Dr. PN Renjen, Senior Consultant Neurology from New Delhi, Past President – Delhi Neurological Association (DNA) and former Executive Committee Member of European Stroke Conference (ESC) has published the following article:
Chaudhari DM, Renjen PN, Goyal N, et al. Central variant reversible encephalopathy syndrome BMJ Case Rep 2022;15:e245636. doi:10.1136/bcr-2021- 245636
Dr. (Prof.) Raju Vaishya, Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at New Delhi has been appointed as the Chairman of Basic Science and Research of Indian Orthopaedic Association for 2022-23.
Dr. Raju has organized an online Research and Publication course of the Journal of Orthopaedics on 13th Feb.2022, where more than 1000 registered delegates.
Dr. Raju Vaishya has also published the following articles:
- Jain VK, Iyengar KP, Vaishya R. Current situation with doctors and healthcare workers during COVID-19 pandemic in India. Post Grad Med J. March 2022; 98; e121-e122. doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2020-138496
- Iyengar KP, Jain VK, Ish P, Botchu R, Vaishya R. Influence of the Peltzman effect on the recurrent COVID-19 waves in Europe. Postgrad Med J March 2022; 98: e110-e111; doi:10.1136/postgradmedj-2021-140234
- Iyengar KP, Vaishya R, Jain VK, Ish P. BAME community hesitancy in UK for COVID-19 vaccine; suggested solutions. Postgrad Med J. March 2022; 98: e134-135.doi:10.1136/postgradmedj-2021-139957
- Vaishya R, Vaish A. All fields of Research and Publication (including in Diabetes) have shown a healthy rising trend from India in the last decade. Diabetes Met Syndrome: Clinical Research and Reviews 2022; 16: 102423. doi:10.1016/j.dsx.2022.102423
- Vaishya R, Vaish A, Pawar N, Baweja P. Aggressive Giant Cell Tumor in a young pregnant lady. BMJ Case Reports 2022; doi:1136/bcr-2021-246001
- Vaishya R, Gopinathan P. Growth of Journal of Orthopaedics (JOO). J Orthop 2022; 29: A1-A3. doi:10.1016/j.jor.2021.12.004.
- Jain VK, Gautam D, Iyengar KP, Vaishya R, Malhotra R. Challenges in Conducting and Completing the Orthopaedic Postgraduate Thesis During COVID-19 Pandemic. Indian J Orthop 2022; 56: 492-94. doi:1007/s43465-021-00503-5
- Iyengar KP, Jain VK, Vaishya R. Is the English language a barrier to the Non-English-speaking authors in academic publishing? Post Grad Med J 2022; 98: 234-35. doi:10.1136/postgradmedj-2020-139243
Dr. Sanjiv Jasuja, Senior Consultant Nephrology from New Delhi, has published the following article:
Sanjiv Jasuja, Vivekanand Jha, Gaurav Sagar, Anupam Bahl, Shalini Verma, Neharita Jasuja, Jasmeet Kaur; Post vaccination analysis of anti-spike antibody responses in kidney transplant recipients with and without COVID-19 infection in a tertiary care center, India; Clinical Kidney Journal, March 2022.
Dr. Shailja Chaturvedi, consultant Psychiatrist in Sydney, Australia, past President of Australian Indian Medical Graduate Association and member of Core Group of GAPIO Women’s Forum, has published a book “The Global Citizen of India”.