Dr. Ashok Sharma, Consultant, Internal Medicine at New Delhi has delivered a phenomenal and worthy keynote presentation during International Conference on Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology online conference held on 17th and 18th October 2022.
Dr. Brahma Sharma, Cardiologist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on the invitation of Dr Rajeev Bagarhatta principal Rajasthan medical university Jaipur, gave a lecture on “why so many South Asian are dying of heart attacks and how can we detect and prevent this” on Cardiology society of India Rajasthan. The event was widely covered in local media.
Dr. Brahma Sharma has also organised and moderated International Education Seminar on South Asian heart disease on World heart day by engaging with thought leaders who are researching on cutting edge to define still unknown genetic pathways.
Dr. Brahma Sharma has also organised Indian Community Cardiovascular screening camp on Oct 16 2022.
Prof. Dhavendra Kumar, Consultant, Clinical Genetics and Genomic Medicine at UK, has edited a book on “Genomic and Precision Medicine in Clinical Practice”.
Dr. Kandamaran Krishnamurthy, Consultant Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Barbados, has published an article on “Personal protective equipment (PPE) related adverse skin reactions among healthcare workers at the main COVID-19 isolation center in Barbados” in “Frontiers” having high impact factor.
Dr. Krishnan Ganapathy, Distinguished Professor of The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Tamil Nadu and Emeritus Professor National Academy of Medical Sciences has contributed the following during the period Jul – Sep 2022:
- Invited talk on “Deployment of integrated Telehealth in a corporate hospital setting: The Apollo Story” at the National Workshop on Telemedicine & Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare 2nd July 2022, Gangwal School of Medical Science & Technology, IIT, Kanpur.
- Invited talk on “The Business of Telehealth: Lessons learnt from the Apollo Telehealth Division, India” on 6th July 2022 @ Public Management Innovation: Cross-Sector Partnerships through Social Value Investing Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs Summer Semester.
- Talk on “Clinical Research Missed Opportunities and Lessons Learnt over 54 years: A Clinician’s Perspective” at the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education Research Promotion Meeting on 16th July 2022.
- Talk on Space Telemedicine Radio Programme for Manilla Philippines on 21st August 2022.
- Keynote address on “Digital Health in 2030: A peep into the Future” at the Telemedicine Society of India Maharashtra Chapter Annual Conference held in Pune on 17th Sep 2022.
Dr. Ganapathy has also published the following articles published:
- Ganapathy K, Haranath SP, Baez AA, Scott BK. Telemedicine to Expand Access to Critical Care Around the World Crit Care Clin. 2022 Oct;38(4):809-826. doi: 10.1016/j.ccc.2022.06.007. 38:809-26.
- Ganapathy K. Peer Review Report for: Understanding the implementation of telepractice in speech and language services for children and adults using a mixed-methods approach [version 1; peer review: 1 approved]. Wellcome Open Res 2022, 7:46 https://doi.org/10.21956/wellcomeopenres.19494.r49293
- Ganapathy K. The business of telehealth. Apollo Med 2022;19:103-9 https://www.apollomedicine.org/article.asp?issn=0976-0016;year=2022;volume=19;issue=2;spage=103;epage=109;aulast=Ganapathy
- Krishnan Ganapathy; Arjun Rajagopalan; Gita Arjun; Seshadri Suresh; Krishnan Sriram Disseminating medical literature and knowledge in India in the 1980s: the SMLRT story. Journal of The Medical Library Association. 2022; 110:146-151. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8830371/
- Ganapathy K Quality of Death –ensuring a Good Death p9 FICCI Newsletter Health Wrap July August issue 2022
- Ganapathy K “Creating future ready, trained, tech savvy medical scientists: Need of the hour” in the FICCI Newsletter on Health Wrap May June issue https://ficci.in/SPdocument/23649/FICCI_Health_Wrap_May-June22.pdf
Dr Keerti Singh, lecturer in the Faculty of Medical Sciences, Cave Hill campus, Barbados, University of the West Indies has been awarded the “Builder of Excellence Award” for the Optimist Year (Oct 2021-Oct 2022) by Optimists International.
Dr. Keerti was also the co-chair of Childhood Health and Response Mission (CHaRM) committee Caribbean District, Optimist International.
Dr. Keerti has been nominated as review editor of the Journal Frontiers in Public Health.
Dr. (Prof) Rajesh Taneja, Senior Consultant and Advisor, Urology Andrology and Robotic Surgery at New Delhi has published article on “Urological Problems In Elderly Patients of Tuberculosis” in Indian Journal of Tuberculosis on 28 October 2022.
Dr. Raju Vaishya, Senior Consultant, Orthopedic Surgeon at New Delhi, has published the following article:
- Migliorini F, Vaishya R, Bell A, Weber CD, Götze C, Maffulli N. Fixation of the Membrane during Matrix-Induced Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation in the Knee: A Systematic Review. Life. 2022; 12(11):1718. Doi: 10.3390/life12111718
- Vaishya R, Gupta BM, Misra A, Madampur GMN, Vaish A. Global Research in Sarcopenia: High-Cited Papers, Research Institutions, Funding Agencies and Collaborations, 1993-2022. Diabetes Met Syndr: Clinical Res & Reviews 2022; 102684. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2022.102654
Dr. Raju has given the presentation on choosing implants in Total Hip Arthroplasty organised by Agra Orthopaedic Society on 30th October 2022.
Dr. Raju Vaishya has been listed among the Top 2% Researchers in the world, in the list created by the Stanford University, California in October 2022, based on standardized citation indicators. Ranked 142 amongst all Indian scientists and #1 amongst the Indian Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Runner’s up of the Chess tournament of Delhi Orthopaedic Association, Oct. 2022.
Dr. Sai Praveen Haranath, Intensivist and Pulmonologist at Hyderabad has published the following articles:
Ganapathy K, Haranath SP, Baez AA, Scott BK. Telemedicine to Expand Access to Critical Care Around the World. Crit Care Clin. 2022 Oct;38(4):809-826. doi: 10.1016/j.ccc.2022.06.007. PMID: 36162912.
Dr Shilpa Avarebeel, Assistant Professor, Department of Geriatric Medicine, JSS Medical College and Hospital, Mysuru, has won National Award as young scholar 2022 by Indian academy of geriatric, given during national conference of geriatrics (Gericon 2022) held in Kolkata from October 28-30th 2022 for her academic achievements and clinical projects. Work of Dr. Avarebeel on medication compliance in elderly using pictogram pouch was much appreciated.
Dr. Sonali Kinra, clinical associate primary care, NHS England, got selected for role of Deputy medical director for north Central London to oversee healthcare delivery for population of 1.6 million people.
Dr. Sudhir Parikh, Chairman & Publisher-Parikh World Wide Media, USA has been awarded “Entrepreneur of the Year” by The Edison Chamber of Commerce at the 23rd Annual Meeting and Awards Reception by Township Councilman Joe Coyle.
Dr. V K Raju, Opthalmologist and President and Founder, Eye Foundation of America, USA, has been honored at the recent gala of Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Foundation in New York, USA.