Launched Saturday, 10th July 2021
The Recipients/ Healthcare Worker/s can go to https://chennaiunited.org/helpline/ to enter his/ her request.
Alternatively, Recipients / Healthcare worker/s can also call on helpline number +917292018816
Facility available in three languages English, Hindi and Tamil.
Counselling session between peer support provider/ counsellor/ advisor and healthcare worker will be through a video call.
Reputed counsellors from India and overseas will provide support.
Process of Mental Health Support helpline
- The Mental Health Support is a web platform created for Recipients/ Healthcare Worker/s(HCW/s) and Volunteers to seek support from Peer Support Provider/ Counsellor/ Advisor to cope with the anxiousness and stress created by COVID-19 pandemic.
- The recipient can go to https://chennaiunited.org/helpline/ to enter his/her request. Alternatively, he/she can also call helpline number 72920 18816 anytime where his/her request will be taken on the phone in English, Hindi and Tamil.
- Whenever the peer support provider / counsellor /advisor is available, they will log in to the platform and initiate a SMS to be sent automatically to the recipient/HCW.
- The recipient/HCW can then click the link received through the SMS and a video call will be initiated where they can talk to the peer support provider / counsellor/advisor.
- This interaction being of personal and sensitive nature, all such interactions between the recipient and the provider will be kept confidential and not divulged to any third party.
All recipients are to log out of the platform after the completion of the interaction.