Vision of President of GAPIO
Dr. Anupam Sibal has taken over as President of GAPIO on 3rd January 2020 at Nagpur, for the next 3 years and has planned to focus on 15 programs and other GAPIO initiatives during the next 3 years.
GAPIO will strengthen and activate Women’s forum and Young doctors forum and focus on following 15 programs.
- Awards and Recognition – Six awards to be given each year
- Dr. Prathap C Reddy Philanthropy Award
- Dr. I A Modi Awards
- GAPIO Excellence in Radiology Awards
- GAPIO Surgical Excellence Awards
- GAPIO Excellence in Diagnostics Awards
- GAPIO Lifetime Achievement Award
Awards B to E will be given twice in a year to a Distinguished and Young clinician.
- Overseas MBBS Training – how can we increase the pass percentage of Indian student studying overseas
- Post Graduate Medical education – how can we produce as many postgraduates as MBBS doctors
- Enhancing the role of nurses in healthcare
- Enhancing the role of allied healthcare workers
- Achieving last mile healthcare delivery
Five position papers are being prepared.
- Tribal Health – reaching the unreached by breaking geographical barriers
- Mind Body Soul Equilibrium – sessions with spiritual leaders. Sessions have been conducted with BK Sister Shivani, Sri Sri Ravishankar, Sadhguru, His Holiness The Dalai Lama
- Partnership with Specialty associations – This collaboration will maximize the reach amongst doctors to bring awareness about activities and initiatives taken by both associations.
- Charitable camps and clinics – To bring awareness about non-communicable diseases and its prevention and early detection.
- Mentorship – helping MBBS trainees become exceptional healthcare professionals
- Leadership Development Program (LDP). Seventeen LPD have been conducted. We plan to organize a session once every 2 weeks with the National Board of Examinations
- Clinical Knowledge Program (CKP) – We plan to organize twelve a year – Six multi-speciality Clinical Sessions and six sessions on COVID-19.
- Women’s Forum – engaging with women leaders across the globe
- Young Doctors Forum – engaging with young doctors across the globe
- Strengthen the Global Indian Physicians COVID – 19 Collaborative.The Collaborative has organized the following sessions on COVID-19 to share knowledge and latest developments to fight against this pandemic
- 11th April: Launch of Global Indian Physicians COVID-19 Collaborative
- 18th April: Finding Calm in the COVID-19 Chaos with B K Sister Shivani
- 30th April: COVID-19 Lab Diagnosis and Infection Control
- 23rd May: Management of Pediatric COVID-19
- 6th June: Clinical Management in COVID-19
- 6th June: Navigating the way forward after COVID -19 with Sadhguru
- 20th June: Women’s Health in COVID-19
- 28th June: COVID in India, session during the AAPI conclave
- 12th July: Therapy for COVID-19: when to use, when not to use and efficacy
- 23rd July: Compassion in Medical Practice with His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- 8th August: Demystifying Lab diagnosis of COVID 19
- 12th September: Recent Advances in Management of COVID – 19
- Working with healthcare bodies such as NATHEALTH on projects of common interest – NCDs in general and COVID -19 in particular has posed a resource challenge which may cost billions of dollars. To reduce this burden prevention and early detection will play a significant role.
- Establishing an innovation forum to encourage frugal innovation – Frugal innovations can lead the way to provide healthcare at low cost.
- Establish GAPIO has a credible knowledge resource across media – By using online, digital and social media, GAPIO to reach maximum number of doctors and medical students nationally and internationally by showcasing activities of the association.