Did you know a single blood donation can save up to 3 lives?
Your greatest act of kindness during the time of the pandemic will keep the world-beating the crises of COVID19.
Every drop of blood counts and your blood will wipe the tears away.
Donate your blood for a reason and let that reason be life.
Your blood donation can give a precious smile to someone’s face.
Blood donation will cost you nothing, but it will save a life!
Your blood is precious: Donate and save a life
Before donating blood, make sure you:
– Drink enough water and take fruit juice
– Get enough sleep and rest
– Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
– Check with the doctor if any medicine you are taking or had recently taken would prevent you to donate blood.
– Stop taking Aspirin before 48 hours of donating blood.
– Check your blood pressure is under control
– Wear a sleeveless shirt or a shirt with sleeves that can be rolled up.
– Blood donor must be at least 16 years of age, or in accordance with state law , must be in good health and not less than 50 kg of weight.
Mandatory tests should be done before volunteer donate:
– Typing: ABO group (blood type)
– Rh typing (positive or negative antigen)
– Screening for any unexpected red blood cell antibodies that may cause problems in the recipient
Screening for current or past infections, including:
– Hepatitis viruses B and C
– Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
– Human T-lymphotropic viruses (HTLV) I and II Syphilis
– West Nile virus
– Chagas disease
After blood donation:
– Take a balanced diet, green leafy vegetables, rich in iron and protein
– Avoid heavy physical activity
– Drink extra fluid.
– If you feel lightheaded, lie down with your legs raised under the feeling
– Note that your body will replace the blood volume within 48 hours of blood donation.
– It will take 4-8 weeks for the body to completely replace the red blood cell you have donated.
GAPIO stands for safe blood transfusion.